Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tim O'Reilly on why Money is like Gasoline for a road trip

By choice, I don't write often about money and retirement, though the topic can't really be avoided and is always peripherally present. Plus, there are already so many books and blogs that pretty much equate a 'retirement lifestyle' with 'financing a life of retirement.'

This post is an exception because I really liked how Tim O'Reilly sums it up in this profile, as only he can.

"Money is like gasoline during a road trip," he says. "You don't want to run out of gas on your trip, but you're not doing a tour of gas stations. You have to pay attention to money, but it shouldn't be about the money."

The whole interview in Inc. makes for great reading, including sound bites like "Learning has always been something of a drug for me." Don't miss it.

4 comments:

Retired Syd said...

Wow, I really love that quote. I love it when someone expresses something I already think but in a much more clever way than I could ever come up with!

work from home said...

"You have to pay attention to money, but it shouldn't be about the money." I love this quote and I most definitely agree.

Rumi said...

How long does the application process take? The simplicity and speediness of the application process is another "pro" or advantage for the car title loan.

example of no credit check loans

Hales said...

I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. convert money